The fourth running of the Sim Formula Europe finals will also take place this weekend, being hosted at the MECC in Maastricht, the Netherlands on January 14th, which will also see the main race itself being broadcasted live.
It will drivers compete in the McLaren Senna GTR around the Maastricht street circuit for a share of a €10.000 prize pool and a big trophy to take home.
In years past, it has seen some of the very best rFactor2 drivers compete and it will provide close-quarter racing on a street ircuit that has not only been part and parcel of SimFormula Europe, but has also been on the 2023 RCCO World eX schedule.
Nations represented include the host nation, Slovakia, Estonia, Poland and Norway, with 2020 SFE champion Risto Kappet (R8G Esports) set to be hard-pressed during the Finals.
R8G have held the roll of honour so far since 2020, with Erhan Jajovski and Jiri Toman also having won this crown in 2021 and 2022 respectively. But can that run of success for Romain Grosjean‘s team be broken?
Here are the other drivers taking part along with the Estonian:
- Thomas Ronhaar (R8G Esports/Haas F1 Esports Team)
- Jarno Opmeer (Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team)
- Jarl Teien (BS+ Competition)
- Tom Oldenmenger (Burst Esport)
- Damian Skowron (Burst Esport)
- Bert Knops (Arnage Competition)
- Denis Zet’ák (Arnage Competition)
The track has a very fierce combination of long straights, elevation changes and tight, technical sections, along with no margin for error, as the circuit has also a certain monaco-style attraction, with the barriers around the layout providing a true test.,
Event Format (All times CET)
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Free Practice
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Qualfiying Race
- 14:00 – 15:00 – Finals – You can watch this race via the video below!