While the SimRacing Community Trophy is already underway, the Simracing.GP Professional Trophy is going to follow suit soon: The esports competition in Assetto Corsa Competizione that will see its final being held on-site at ADAC SimRacing Expo 2022 is going to feature an open qualifying alongside 40 invite-only pro teams – all for a prize pool of €10.000.
After using two qualifying races to lead to the final in 2021, the Professional Trophy’s format is going to change significantly in 2022: 40 of the best esports teams in the world are entered into the event via an invite, a further ten will be added after two open qualification rounds where the top five of each respective race make it to the championship races. Any teams that did not qualify for the championship in the first qualifying event is free to give it another shot in the second one. Teams consist of three drivers each.
The Simracing.GP platform forms the basis of this: The entire competition, including the qualifying rounds, is going to be organized via SGP, meaning it is going to be easier than ever to keep track of the events, points standings and more. All the info about the Simracing.GP Professional Trophy can also be found on the event’s official Discord server.
After the qualifying rounds, four of races are scheduled to be held before ADAC SimRacing Expo 2022, with the on-site final being the fifth. The PRO and QUALIFIER (QUAL) classes are going to share the track at the first four races, and the QUAL class leaders will get the chance to represent Simracing.GP in the final in Nuremberg.
- Qualifier Round – June 26th, 2022 – 17.00 UTC Server Launch – Circuit: Monza
- Qualifier Round – July 2nd, 2022 – 17 UTC Server Launch – Circuit: Donington
- Round 1 – July 23rd, 2022 – 14.00 UTC Server Launch – Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
- Round 2 – August 20th, 2022 – 14.00 UTC Server Launch – Circuit: Bathurst
- Round 3 – September 17th,2022 – 14.00 UTC Server Launch – Circuit: Silverstone
- Round 4 – October 15th, 2022 – 14.00 UTC Server Launch – Circuit: Kyalami
- Round 5 – Final @ ADAC SimRacing Expo 2022 – December 3rd, 2022 – 17.00 UTC Server Launch – Circuit: Nürburgring
Due to ACC releasing a track-based DLC on June 30th, the scheduled tracks might still change. Should this happen, it will be communicated in time.
If your team cannot wait to get into the competition, you will not have to wait any longer: Registration for the first open qualifying round is now open – just head over to the competition hub on Simracing.GP to sign up for your shot at becoming part of the event!